Then this workshop is for you.
It is designed to help you access and listen to the inner wisdom of your heart by having conversations with it.
A Light-heartened and Engaging Workshop
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Register at www.massageassociates.net/classes
Facilitated by Lerita Coleman Brown
Lerita Coleman Brown, Ph.D. and Ayse I. Carden Distinguished Professor Emerita of Psychology at Agnes Scott College, has survived 25 years with a transplanted heart, 14 of them with a transplanted kidney as well. She also endured a heart valve replacement and pacemaker implant. Her medical ordeals fostered an unwavering advocacy of organ and tissue donation, contemplative spirituality, explorations of inner life, and the wisdom of Howard Thurman, all of which she promotes at peaceforhearts.com, and on other social media platforms.
The Creative Encounter of Howard Thurman
with Lerita Coleman Brown, Ph.D.
Contemplative Outreach of Chicago
Saturday, June 6, 2020
For more information, see the Contemplative Outreach of Chicago Newsletter
- Find a quiet place to sit comfortably inside or outside.
- Render all electronic devices inoperable (power down is the best option). However, using airplane mode and setting the timer to 5minutes will work as well.
- Take at least 3 deep breaths exhaling and inhaling as much as you can.
- Gently let go of everything that is on your mind; any and all thoughts…
- Pretend like you are listening to your favorite song or talking to your favorite person. Give the song or him or her your complete attention in the silence. When you noticed that your mind has wandered away and thoughts are crisscrossing through your mind again, gently let them go.
- Repeat step 5 as many times as necessary until the timer beeps.
- Feel the Peace and Joy in your now still and quiet heart.
- Warning: Spontaneous smiling and joy may occur at any time during this process.